Automated Single-Stream Recycling in Guilford
John's Refuse provides recycling EVERY OTHER WEEK to our Guilford curbside customers for single stream recycling. Please conttact our office for a service calendar.
YARD SERVICE CUSTOMERS who wish to have a toter for single stream recycling must call or email us to place an order. Please note that this toter must be placed "curbside". (The truck cannot service this toter unless it is curbside.) Your trash may remain yard service.
We appreciate your assistance and we are proud to offer this extended recycling service to our customers. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 203-234-8696.
Please review the list below to view examples of what recyclable materials you can place in your recycling toter. Remember that many more items are now recyclable such as plastic 1-7 (listed below) and all clean paper products.
General Guidelines for Single-Stream Recycling:
- All recyclable materials should be mixed loose in the blue recycling cart, no sorting or separation of recycled materials is necessary
- Absolutely NO PLASTIC BAGS
- Absolutely NO TRASH
- Cardboard and Paperboard should be flattened to conserve space inside the recycling cart
- Food and Beverage containers should be rinsed clean, a thorough washing is NOT required
- Keep the Blue Recycling Cart lid closed to keep the recyclable materials dry
- Shredded paper should be secured in a brown paper grocery bag